- Nice :Nearly all the beaches in Nice stretch along the sweep of the bay between harbor and the airport at the other end of the Promenade des Anglais. At approximately equal intervals along this bay there are about 15 private beaches separated by the public beaches. It is allowed to walk along the length of the bay including the private beaches if you remain close to the sea. You can walk along the seashore after Palais Maeterlinck between Nice and Villefranche sur Mer
- Cap d’Ail :
– Plage Marquet is the most suitable for families.
– Plage Mala is a little cove surrounded by vegetation, accessible on foot down a very steep path.
– The Plage des Pissarelles is reserved for more sporty types : it is flanked by rocks and is reached via a path that is rather daunting for children.
- Saint Jean Cap Ferrat :
-Paloma beach : southeast of the port, on the north side small peninsula (St Hospice). Being on a northeast-facing shore and at the base of some tall cliffs, this beach is the most protected from winds, and has less sun in the afternoons. The location is about a 5-10 minutes walk from the port. in direction of “Chapelle St. Hospice”
- Antibes : Antibes boasts some gorgeous sandy beaches, both private and public, and as such they can get extremely crowded in summer. The Old Antibes Beach is quite small, but it is great for families with young children as it is very safe . The Salice Beach is much bigger, but finding a space to unfurl your towel here in the height of season can still be a challenge. The beaches at Juan les Pins on the opposite side of the peninsular are huge and well worth checking out.
- At the Cap d’Antibes, La Baie de la Garoupe boasts charming little beaches, most of them private, where you can rent a mattress to spend the day. For watersports Juan les Pins is your best bet: it is alleged water-skiing was invented there.
- Cannes: Cannes has a large stretch of public beach at La Croisette with a huge selection of cafés, restaurants and people watching opportunities just a short walk over the road. The Cannes public beach is very popular in the summer partly because of these bars. A great place for young people looking for a little night life after a hard day at the beach.